Swim team started on May 1st and now everyday after school for 1 1/2 hours we are at the pool. Brett joined this year and is hanging in there as one of the youngest swimmers. The kids work hard and while we had time trials last week, today was The Mako Sharks first official meet. (Mako sharks are the fastest sharks of course!) I have to admit, I was nervous for Brett who didn't want to participate in warm ups but he did great. He swam all the way across the pool and tried backstroke for only the 2nd time in his life (he stuck with the tickle, airplane, soldier form). I love the zig-zagging motion of these kids - so hard to stay on your back when these ropes get in the way!
Delany and Kenna on the ready bench gearing up to swim backstroke
We cheered loudly, ate lots of snacks, and both Kenna and Max ended up getting ribbons. It can be a long, hot day, (6:30-3:00) but it's great to be together and see the kids trying their best. We are also thrilled that our good friends the Cubillos are Mako Sharks with us this year and thoroughly enjoyed playing with them during our down time. With Max and Kenna being on the older end of their age divisions this year, we are looking forward to a great season.
1 comment:
I can't believe that Brett is on swim team. That is pretty impressive.
Post a Comment