Our good friends,the Crawfords, currently live about an hour away from us, serving as mission Presidents for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I wish our paths crossed more often, but they are so busy and spend most of their time in their assigned area. With my parents in town, however, a rendezvous was necessary. They were attending a baptism near the airport and invited us to join them for the service. Completely in Spanish, we only understood bits and pieces but there was a sweet spirit in the room. Those in attendance were welcoming, kind, and humble - it was a privilege to be there. Afterwards, we followed the Crawfords to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant where we had plenty of time to visit over surprisingly good food. Tom's mother was in town too - she is staying for a while to help them with their many obligations. We laughed and learned and had so much fun visiting - even Cade did well, other than the falling over in his seat part. Tom and Carolyn have been a part of my life since I was 8-years-old and to me they feel like family. Dear friends are what makes life worthwhile - how blessed I am.
1 comment:
I love them!
Post a Comment