Our Saturday mornings continue to be about getting early, throwing my sleepy-eyed, rag doll kids in the car, and heading over to this week's swim meet. We set up our canopy, chairs, toys, and coolers, grab our breakfast, buy our meet sheets, and settle in for the day. After a few weeks the kids are pretty used to the routine and our always happy to settle into our own space. I have had to coax Brett into his morning warm ups but for a 5-year-old, he has done surprisingly well.
The kids swim away - they are doing fantastic this year. Brett slowly motors down the lane with a perpetual smile on his face so proud of his accomplishment. Kenna is quite the competitor and really likes to be on the A relay team - I see her frustration as she waits for the slower B swimmers to come in before she can make-up their time in the water. Max is finally back to the times he started off with. That ankle has caused quite a kink in this swim season.
Exhaustion - not an uncommon sight
Swim team is a lot of work and at times a sacrifice, but it is so great. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing it again and again.
1 comment:
I am loving Brett's swim cap. And I love that your daughter writes and draws all over herself for the swim. Looks like such a fun thing to do for the summer.
Post a Comment